Hello, my name is Kyle Isaacs, and I am an expanded practice dental hygienist. I have a lot of experience in the dental field and love taking care of patients with dementia and other special needs. I treat your loved ones as I would treat my own and care deeply about the well-being of all my patients. I bring all the equipment necessary to deliver the best care to your loved ones.
My mission is to provide consistent, excellent, preventative oral health care in a loving manner for people who are unable to access care. My goals are to promote better oral health, thereby improving overall health and quality of life for your loved ones.
Regular dental hygiene is important not only to keep the existing teeth and gums clean and healthy, but also to increase overall health. Poor oral hygiene and periodontal disease is linked with many chronic and systemic diseases such as and not limited to:
- Alzheimer’s Disease, some cancers, strokes, heart disease, aspiration pneumonia, and diabetes.
- Many elderly also suffer from a dry mouth, often due to medications and some systemic diseases. A dry mouth increases the incidence of tooth decay and periodontal disease, both of which can increase pain, systemic disease, bad breath, tender gums, and difficulty with eating and speaking.
- The elderly also have a decreased immune response due to age and are more susceptible to the ravages of oral bacteria, making it even more important for frequent dental hygiene services.
- Review health histories
- Take blood pressure
- Preform oral cancer and other abnormality screenings
- Evaluate gum health
- Check for possible decay
- Perform comprehensive teeth cleaning
- Apply fluoride varnish
- Apply silver diamine fluoride if necessary
- Make referrals when necessary
- Clean and inspect dentures
- Provide oral hygiene instruction
- Recommend adjunct therapies and/or prescriptions when necessary
- Topical numbing is available as well as desensitizing pastes for tooth sensitivity.
- Nutritional counseling and dry mouth and antibacterial recommendations
- Oral hygiene supplies
- Description of what was performed
- Other recommendations
- Weekly Professional tooth brushing and flossing is also available
Please note: I am not a dentist and recommend that your loved one see a dentist annually for an exam and if and when I find something suspicious. I can send the dentist a note and a photo if I see something of concern.